We liked what we saw out of the box — months later, we’re liking it even more
by the Shoot On staff
Every now and then, a product comes along that just rings our bell. You pull it out of the box, roll it around in your hands, contemplate the purpose and the specs, and you nod your head and say, “Yeah…”
That was our first impression of the Omnia 6 Tactical Rifle Scope from TRUGLO. It simply had “that thing” about it. The glass was clear, the etched reticle clean and precise, and the concept behind it was sound in our minds. We plopped it onto a couple of our ARs chambered in 5.56, did some initial testing between 10 and 100 yards and said, “Yep, this is right on.” When we built a .300 BLK rifle, the Omnia 6 made even more sense. Our conclusion: the Omnia 6 Tactical Rifle Scope is a solid buy and a reliable performer at a price comfortably less than competitive brands in this category.
Here’s the deal.
Low-power tactical scopes straddle the function fence between red dots and high-power (a relative term these days) reticle optics. Their purpose — provide one optic that delivers fast sight acquisition at CQB ranges while offering longer-range precision. To do this, the Omnia 6 provides 1X to 6X magnification that you can quickly adjust courtesy of its quick-zoom lever. Use the lower end for close work or zoom up for engaging distant targets.
Working in tandem with the magnification range is TRUGLO’s illuminated, glass-etched All-Purpose Tactical Reticle. At close distances and with the magnification dialed back, shooters can quickly align the illuminated peep on the target. With this setting, you can keep both eyes focused on the target, much like when shooting with a red dot, and maintain situational awareness. For those long-distant shots, where the scope is cranked to its maximum magnification, the Omnia 6 works like a conventional rifle scope. BDC crosshairs extend out to the 600-yard mark, and the compensation is based on standard XM193 ballistics (5.56 NATO, 55 gr.).
Our conclusion: if you are looking for an optic that truly broadens the diversity and function of your AR, the Omnia 6 will get you there.
Omnia 6 Tactical Rifle Scope Features
- Multi-coated lenses for enhanced clarity and contrast
- 30mm tube for increased turret adjustment range and increased brightness
- Locking target turrets prevent accidental adjustment
- 1/2-MOA target turrets and MOA based reticle for simplified adjustments, tracking, and holdover
- Included APTUS-M1 mount for a strong hold and ideal mounting position on modern sporting rifles
- Illuminated All Purpose Tactical Reticle (A.P.T.R.) for precision measurement without a crowded sight picture
- Hard-coat anodized matte finish
- Nitrogen gas-filled, fog-proof construction
- Water-resistant and shock-resistant
- Illuminated glass-etched reticle
- Leaf-spring turret control for positive and responsive click adjustments
- Generous eye relief
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- 2023 Shoot On Excellence Awards - December 8, 2023
- Unleash the Savings: Ultimate Guide to Black Friday Deals - November 21, 2023
- Wildlife Giveaway - November 15, 2023