With its clear field of view, precision illuminated reticle, and under-$200 price point, the Intercept is dialed-in for deer hunting
by the Shoot On staff
A quick glance at the optics counter of any well-stocked sporting goods store can make your head spin due to all the choices available for rifle scopes. One scope that stands out to us for its price-to-performance ratio is the Intercept from TRUGLO. We’ve installed these on a couple of our rifles and have been impressed.
The hallmark of the Intercept is its sleek reticle combined with a notably clear field of view. The fine-line reticles, offered in BDC or duplex configurations, allow for precise point-of-aim at distance, whether you’re on the range or in the field. What’s more, the Intercept reticles are glass-etched and can be used or without illumination. An illumination dial on the left side of the scope lets you quickly adjust the reticle light levels to match the shooting conditions.
The Intercept comes with several features hunters can appreciate. The multi-coated lenses offer good clarity and light transmission and are set up for a comfortable 3.75-4.10-inches of eye relief. Magnification adjustment is fumble-free courtesy of the aggressive grip on the zoom ring. This means you can adjust the magnification without a hiccup even when wearing heavy gloves. Also, a neoprene scope cover is included, which works great for protecting the scope during transport in the field and keeping the elements at bay and the scope clear. Other notable features include:
- Rubber-coated eyepiece
- Fingertip-adjustable windage and elevation turrets
- One-screw turret design allows for zero indexing
- Scratch-resistant, non-reflective matte finish
- Water- and shock-resistant
- Unleash the Savings: Ultimate Guide to Black Friday Deals - November 21, 2023
- Wildlife Giveaway - November 15, 2023
- CrossBreed® Expands Holster Offerings with the ROSE by SIG SAUER™ Model Reckoning Holster - November 2, 2023