The respective leaders in crossbow and in-the-field digital technology have joined forces to produce the Vapor RS470 ZERO — a hunting crossbow platform that takes crossbow performance from here to THERE!
by the Shoot On staff
The crossbow industry continues to enjoy its upward trend not only in sales and hunter participation but also in technological advancements. One company that has been at the forefront of crossbow technology (and who manufactures their products in the U.S.) is TenPoint Crossbows.
Early this year, TenPoint introduced three new premium models featuring the industry’s first-ever safe cocking/de-cocking system. The innovative ACUslide cocking/de-cocking mechanism solved one of the perennial problems faced by crossbow hunters — how to unload a cocked crossbow without shooting and without the risks associated with conventional rope-style de-cocking methods.
To bring the new ACUslide system to market and to further new engineering benchmarks in speed, balance, and reliable performance, TenPoint launched the ACUslide system in three new models: the Vapor RS470, the Vengent S440, and the Viper S400. Now, to close out the year, TenPoint has teamed up with Garmin to bring crossbow hunters the most advanced crossbow shooting system ever — the Vapor RS470 ZERO.
The Vapor RS470 ZERO builds on TenPoint’s flagship model by including the world’s most advanced crossbow sighting system. This is a new crossbow package that delivers the same precision, long-range performance and accessories as the Vapor RS470 but replaces the EVO-X Marksman scope with the industry’s first digital rangefinding crossbow optic.
The Garmin ZERO X1i auto-ranging digital crossbow scope uses an integrated rangefinder to not only calculate distance to target but also to automatically adjust the aiming point. Experienced archers and crossbow shooters can easily appreciate the benefits of such a system. With auto-ranging and aimpoint adjustment, there is no more guessing at distances to the target and no need to calculate holdover or hold-under when shooting at “off distances.” In short, the Garmin ZERO X1i makes gap-shooting a thing of the past. This revolutionary crossbow sighting system provides numerous functions to assist the hunter in delivering their arrow right on target, every time:
- Automatically range game up to 250-yards away with the press of a single button.
- Precise illuminated aim points automatically adjust for both distance and brightness allowing you to see your target, unobstructed by reticle patterns.
- Forget the days of “gap-shooting” with multiple aim points – after ranging and locking, the XERO® X1i automatically accounts for arrow drop at your ranged distance and presents a single, precise aiming point.
- Its Laser Locate™ waypoint projection feature works with compatible Garmin devices to show you exactly where your target was located when the shot or range was taken – allowing you to better track your game after the shot.
- Steady Aim and Aim Point level lets you know how motion or canting may affect your shot’s point of impact.
- 5X magnification | Multi-Color Display | Custom arrow profiles for programming multiple arrow configurations | Integrated Mount | 1 Year Battery Life
- Vapor RS470 XERO TEC-X™ Stock features an elevated cheek piece which provides the shooter with perfect eye level alignment for the XERO® X1i Rangefinding Scope.