Stoeger Industries, manufacturer of performance-grade shotguns, personal defense handguns, and airguns, is excited to expand its popular STR line of striker-fired, polymer-frame personal defense pistols to include a new chamber option for 2023. The STR series is now offered in a .40 S&W chamber with four model variations.
Since its debut, the Stoeger STR series pistols have earned a solid place in the defensive handgun segment for their reliability, high feature content, and excellent performance-to-price ratio. Now, the STR line is getting its first caliber expansion with the STR-40 introduction.
The standard STR-40 is priced at a remarkable $329. Top-end features include an integrated rail guiding a nitride-hardened matte black receiver, loaded chamber indicator, aggressive front and rear slide serrations for easy actuation, internal safety, and a reversible magazine release. The pistol’s mid-size frame offers exceptional muzzle control and comfort and includes an accessory rail for lights or lasers. A quick-read three-dot sight system delivers a clear sight picture for fast follow-up shots. This model series is offered with a 12+1 (#31767) or 10+1 (#31772) capacity and comes with one magazine and backstrap.
In addition to the standard models, the STR-40 is also available with an optic-compatible slide and tritium night sights in 12+1 (#31773) and 10+1 (#31774) capacities. The night sights make the STR-40 ideal for home defense or everyday carry applications, and the optic-cut slide comes with a cover plate and four adapters to work with today’s most popular red dot systems.
Stoeger STR-40 Specifications
- Caliber: .40 S&W
- Action: striker-fired
- Barrel Length:17 in.
- Overall Length:44 in.
- Weight: 28 oz.
- Capacity: 2 magazines; 12+1 (#31767/#31773); 10+1 (#31772/#31774)
- Finish: black synthetic, nitride slide
- Optic Ready: yes
- Sights: quick-read 3-dot (#31767, 31772); tritium (#31773/#31774)
- Grip: 3 interchangeable backstraps (#31773/#31774)
- MSRP: $329 (#31767, 31772); $449 (#31773/#31774)
To learn more about Stoeger’s STR-40 series pistols, visit StoegerIndustries.com.
- Burris Announces the Revolutionary Veracity PH Hunting Rifle Scope - January 25, 2023
- Rock River Arms Introduces the Ascendant Series AR Rifles - January 25, 2023
- Walker’s Raises the Bar with the New Disrupter Earbuds - January 25, 2023