Avient Corporation, a premier provider of specialized and sustainable material solutions and services, today announced a successful collaboration with its customer, Rolatube, to help develop the new Revolve™ tactical tripod using Polystrand™ composites from Avient.
As an innovative alternative to the traditional telescoping configuration, the legs of the Revolve tripod are made with patented technology that flattens and rolls for storage. With a rolled storage size of only 7” x 6” (18 x 15 cm), the Revolve packs up at one-third the size of traditional tripod designs and can be carried on a kit belt. When deployed, the legs made with Polystrand continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastic composites unroll to form a strong tube structure.
In addition to being highly packable and portable, the tripod’s construction with composite material provides strength and stability for use in rugged terrain, along with weather-resistant durability for reliable performance in extreme conditions.
“Our team is excited to support this exciting new application with Polystrand thermoplastic composites,” said Mike Mosley, general manager, Advanced Composites at Avient. “We are always looking for ways to improve performance and bring value to our customers. The essential qualities of these composite materials make them an excellent choice to help bring the rollable tripod concept to life.”
Avient’s Polystrand composite material was selected for its high strength, flexibility, and lighter weight. The laminate also met specific thickness requirements needed to achieve the unique rollable performance of the tripod tubes.
“We are delighted with the results of our collaboration with Avient in developing the Revolve tactical tripod,” said Steve Mogg, director, Global Partner Programmes for Rolatube. “Their material science and technical expertise were pivotal in helping us achieve the optimal material configuration and performance properties for this groundbreaking technology.”
Rolatube is an innovative company with a fresh approach to product design using bistable, rollable composites. It will unveil its patent-pending Revolve tactical tripod at SHOT Show in Las Vegas from January 17-20, 2023.
Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT) provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™, enables unmatched levels of performance and protection for end-use applications, including ballistic personal protection, marine and sustainable infrastructure and outdoor sports
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit www.avient.com.
- Unleash the Savings: Ultimate Guide to Black Friday Deals - November 21, 2023
- Wildlife Giveaway - November 15, 2023
- CrossBreed® Expands Holster Offerings with the ROSE by SIG SAUER™ Model Reckoning Holster - November 2, 2023